Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Goals Before the Open - The Results

I made a list of goals back in September that I wanted to accomplish before the Open. These were written on my white board, and I had to look at each and every one of them every day when I did my programming.

I really don't like sharing my times on my blog, however because the Open begins tomorrow, I thought that it would be good to look back and share how I did.


My Goals Before the 2012 Crossfit Open:

  • TIMES
  • WEIGHTS
    • 1K# CrossFit Total (960# Improved, but didn't get there.)
    • 225# Overhead (210# Improved, and thought I could get this, but I will have to bias my work to focus more on overhead - I also struggle with HSPUs.)
    • 500# Dead Lift (Plateaued for several months - didn't accomplish this either, however my numbers are now moving again.)
  • MOVEMENTS
    • 100 Unbroken Double Unders (90. I just ordered a new speed rope, and still hope to get this before the first Open WOD.)
    • 50 Unbroken Pull-Ups (53)
    • 10 Unbroken Pistols PER LEG (10 /leg)
    • 5 Unbroken Muscle-Ups (I can string 5 together, but have to briefly reset. My goal now is to get 5 without touching the ground.)
  • MASTER (Rx'd)
    • Butterfly Kip (check!)
    • Strict Handstand Push-Ups (I can do 2 unbroken with full range. I can also do kipping HSPU fairly efficiently.)
    • Pistol (I'm able to do these now, and now want to string more than 10 per leg together.)
    • Snatch (I've improved, but it still needs work. I can't say I mastered it.)
I also wanted to do the Burpee Mile, which I did for my birthday - and it sucked! I also wanted to get over a 280 on the USMC PFT, and I did - and it also sucked.

Overall, I'm ecstatic. As I look at the list, I really can't believe that I progressed so much in five months. On the other hand, I hate that I didn't accomplish ALL of my goals.

My goal for the Open is to be in the top 10% - 20% in my region and in the worldwide rankings. I know that my weaknesses will be punished, and I'm expecting that. But after the Open is over, I will have better understanding of my strengths and my weaknesses - and will be able to adjust my programming accordingly.

Honestly, I just hope I don't embarrass myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment