I really don't like sharing my times on my blog, however because the Open begins tomorrow, I thought that it would be good to look back and share how I did.
My Goals Before the 2012 Crossfit Open:
- 1K# CrossFit Total (960# Improved, but didn't get there.)
- 225# Overhead (210# Improved, and thought I could get this, but I will have to bias my work to focus more on overhead - I also struggle with HSPUs.)
- 500# Dead Lift (Plateaued for several months - didn't accomplish this either, however my numbers are now moving again.)
- 100 Unbroken Double Unders (90. I just ordered a new speed rope, and still hope to get this before the first Open WOD.)
- 50 Unbroken Pull-Ups (53)
- 10 Unbroken Pistols PER LEG (10 /leg)
- 5 Unbroken Muscle-Ups (I can string 5 together, but have to briefly reset. My goal now is to get 5 without touching the ground.)
- MASTER (Rx'd)
Overall, I'm ecstatic. As I look at the list, I really can't believe that I progressed so much in five months. On the other hand, I hate that I didn't accomplish ALL of my goals.
My goal for the Open is to be in the top 10% - 20% in my region and in the worldwide rankings. I know that my weaknesses will be punished, and I'm expecting that. But after the Open is over, I will have better understanding of my strengths and my weaknesses - and will be able to adjust my programming accordingly.
Honestly, I just hope I don't embarrass myself!