Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two Couplets

Tonight I had to go to the "Y" to do my WOD. About a month ago, they kicked me out because they didn't like the ideas of overhead lifting, and kipping pullups. To be honest, I was somewhat hoping that they'd kick me out. Luckily (or unluckily - depending on how you look at it), I wasn't.

I did a mobility WOD - focusing on hip tension and flexibility.
I also did skill work - working on catching the bar in the squat snatch position. It still needs work...  

WOD

3 rounds of:
5 manmakers 35# dumbbells
15 kettlebell swings 1.5p

90 second rest

3 rounds of:
20 situps*
10 clean and jerks 135#

*CFO situps - feet under dumbbells. Shoulder blades touch and hands touch behind head. In the "up" position, arms between legs, hands touch floor in front of dumbbells.

I took the idea of doing two couplets from a 2011 Crossfit Games WOD. I put the rest in - similar to the last WOD of the 2010 Crossfit Games. Great WOD! I got many funny looks - I don't think the "Y" is used to Crossfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment