Monday, January 2, 2012

First WOD of 2012

It's time to start ramping up my training if I have any hopes of getting past the Open in 5 weeks. I'm going to do two WODs a day - when the opportunity affords itself. Today was the first day

Morning WOD

Push Jerk

3-3-3-3-3

then

as many reps as possible at 50% of your 3rm.

I'm planning on focusing on my weaknesses in the form of strength, skill, and mobility in the mornings. I am now able to get over my body weight when going overhead, but I'm struggling to break through my plateaus.

Afternoon WOD

10 --> 1 of:
Front Squat 135#
Burpees
Pullups

I had a friend come over and do this one with me. I felt really good going into this one - until right before the end of the first round. It was a great balance of weight and body weight... just enough to get the heart rate through the roof, and a tad of muscle fatigue to set in as well.

I really enjoyed it - Sarah's hand's didn't fare as well. (Good luck in training - thx for the awesome WODs!)




Lastly, Burpee Challenge - day 2 in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment