Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Killer Chipper

Two WODs tonight:

Mobility WOD
(Test/retest with Sotts Press w/ PVC pipe)

1) PVC pipe stretch of shoulders for overhead/end range shoulder flexion. Two Minutes per arm. Make sure you hit as many angles as possible!
2) Mobilize your thoracic spine/back foam roller fir three minutes
3) Hip Flexion. Take one foot and put it on a box with the other leg behind. Move to runner's stance Add knee out to make it more mor intense. Two minutes each leg.
4) Two minutes to work out any other sore spots of choice.


The last time I did "Sotts Presses", I tweaked my shoulder. I based my Mobility WOD on shoulders - to avoid that problem. It really seemed to work. It loosened them up, and I felt great going into the WOD

Chipper WOD

For Time:

20 Double Unders
20 Handstand Pushups
20 Toes to Bar
20 Pullups
20 Sotts Press 45#
30 Box Jumps 24"
30 Parallette Dips (on a 24" box)
30 Pushups
30 Strict Press 45#
40 Kettlebell Sumo Deadlift High Pull 1.5p
40 Kettlebell Swings 1.5p
50 Squats
50 Situps
50 Double Unders
(450 movements - the same as "Filthy 50")

Tonight I wanted to do a killer chipper. The Mainsite had the Filthy 50 - which is funny, because I based tonight's WOD on the 'filthy, yet had no idea that Mainsite would be the WOD for the next day.

This was a bear. I had to do it at the globo gym, so space was limited, I wasn't able to do full - butterfly pullups, and I had to do double unders on carpet. The worst part of this WOD, however was the kettlebell portion. At that point in the WOD, muscles were fatigued, and the movements make my heart rate spike... Rough..




The Filthy 50





Sotts Press

No comments:

Post a Comment